I think this original edible decoration from Belle Cake Topper and Mould would make a great alternative to sugar paste fondant, and would look so whimsical on top of a cake or cupcake, don't you think? :)
What you'll need:
* flower wire (number 33)
* gelatine powder ( 1 part of gelatine : 2 parts of water)
* food coloring
* petal mould
How to make your gelatin flower toppers:
1. prepare the wire
2. with pliers make the petal shape
3. make 4 petals
4. prepare the gelatine ( 1 part of gelatine : 2 part of water)
5. boil the gelatin until well mixed
6. put the wire petals on the mould and pour the gelatin mix onto the mould
7. leave it until the petals set
8. model the fondant ball into a tear drop shape, and stick to the wire.
9. assemble the flower petals and display onto a cupcake or cake.
Visit Belle Cake Topper and Mould for more fabulous tutorials!