Today's inspiring Easter post is courtesy of my talented friend Gillian from Crumbs of Comfort Cake Design, and if you're looking for last minute inspiration for your Easter table or party, look no more!!
Plus, she also shares a tutorial on how to make some fun but really pretty Easter Bunny cake pops!!
Bunny Cake Pops - makes approx. 20
You will need:
* 1 cake – 8 inch (20cm) already baked with crusts removed.
* 1 cup of frosting (buttercream or ganache)
* 1 packet of candy melts or 250g white chocolate
* Approx 100g of fondant/sugar paste (tinted pink)
* Green food lustre
* Cake pop sticks
* Small bunny cutter
Make sugar paste bunnies at least 1 – 2 days ahead to allow to set hard.
1. Place cake (crusts removed) in large bowl and crumble with fingers until it resembles bread crumbs. Add frosting to make a moist mixture.
2. Measure a tablespoon of mixture and roll in hands to form a ball. Continue rolling balls until mixture is finished. Place cake balls in fridge for an hour or freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Place the candy melts or chocolate in microwave, and heat in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Do not be tempted to leave for longer or chocolate will burn.
4. Remove cake balls from fridge. Dip the tip of cake pop stick into melted chocolate and insert half way into cake ball.
5. Holding the tip of the stick dip entire cake pop in chocolate and gently tap off excess chocolate. Place on stand and allow to set.
6. Drizzle a little melted candy/chocolate over pop to make grass. Allow to set
7. With a soft paintbrush apply green lustre to cake pops
8. Using a toothpick to apply a little of the melted chocolate to the back of the sugar bunnies to attach to cake pop. Allow to dry and decorate with ribbon.
* If you don’t fancy baking the cake yourself – a shop bought mud cake will be fine. Halve the amount of frosting.
* If your chocolate seem too thick when dipping add a tablespoon of melted copha or vegetable oil, a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency
* For the green grass you can use green candy melts or even colour your chocolate using colours compatible with chocolate.
* Styling and desserts: Crumbs of Comfort Cake Design
Photography: Musie J Photography
Wishing you all a fabulous, peaceful and relaxing Easter!!