Today I'm bringing you the last of our trio of Big Top Party Tutorials: DIY Homemade Chocolate Lollipops Party Favors. I always prefer party favors that look ornamental and serve as table decor until guests take them home. Now, that fact a party favors can be edible too is a triple bonus in my book! ;)
I came up with these ideas for my kid's Big Top Circus birthday party last year (you can see the full party here).
Big Top Circus Party | DIY Chocolate Lollipop Favors Recipe
These can be adapted to suit any party theme. Just change the mold you use.
* Circus Candy molds - I used the ones from Wilton.
* Red, yellow and blue candy melts
* Paintbrush (used for cooking only)
* White cooking chocolate
* 6" Lollipop sticks
1. Melt a small quantity of candy melts. I used an oven-proof flexible mold to hold and melt small quantities in the microwave, at intervals of 30 seconds (watch it carefully so they don't burn!)
2. Using your (clean, food only) paintbrush, paint thinly the inside of the candy molds in the colors you want (get your little ones to help with this part - I did!) - You want it to be thick enough so it covers the mold surface completely. Let it dry for a few minutes or until set.
3. Melt your white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Then place the lollipops stick in the molds (there is a space designated for them) and pour white chocolate on top to cover each cavity.
Let it dry in the fridge until set, and take it our of the molds carefully.
So there you have it - Some quick and simple ideas that should help you get the party started!
If you liked these, then "like us" on Facebook to get more party ideas, exclusive discounts and inspiration for your next bash! :)