Ready for a Halloween Blog Fest?! From now until the end of the month, we'll be bringing you lots of spooktacular posts with super fun, incredibly easy and BOO-tifully inspired Halloween Party ideas! ;)
Today's Haunted Halloween Cupcakes recipe is courtesy of Haniela's!
Haunted Cupcake Recipe:
* 1 Batch of Vanilla Bean Cupcake
* Vanilla Bean Ricotta Frosting (recipe below)
* 1 1/2cup heavy cream, room temperature
* 1 cup ricotta (I used fat free), room temperature, processed in the food processor if desired to get a super smooth texture. I used it straight from the container. You can also option for farmer's cheese.
* 1/2cup to 1cup powdered sugar, based on your sweetness desire
* 2tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
* 2 1/2 tsp gelatin
* 1 1/2 tbl cold water
In a small cup sprinkle 2 1/2 tsp gelatin over 2tbl water, let bloom for 5 minutes, then microwave on high for 5 seconds,up to 10 seconds stir and check if all the gelatin is dissolved, don't over heat gelatin. This process really takes only several seconds. If dissolved gelatin is hot to the touch let it cool slightly, stirring, let cool to room temperature.
In the meantime whip 1 1/2cup heavy cream in a clean bowl until soft peaks are formed, add sugar and gradually, while still whipping add cooled dissolved gelatin, whip on high, gradually add 1 cup ricotta cheese and 1tb spoon vanilla bean paste and continue whipping for about 15-20 seconds, or just until until stiff peaks are formed.
Frost cooled cupcakes as desired, and top with a printable cupcake topper from Bird's Party Little Monster Cupcake Shop Collection!
BTW, our friend Marcella at Just Sugar Coat It has a super fun and spooky tutorial on how to make a super cute Jack O' Lantern - Check it out here!
We are now accepting sponsors for Bird's Party Magazine Holiday 2012 Issue - Contact us to find out how you can get your business noticed by thousands of potential customers!