Following on from yesterday's post, this is the second of the recipes I create for Yum Food and Fun for Kids Magazine - Banana Pops!
There are a couple of ideas on how to make 2 types of banana pops - You know, the healthier alternative to ice cream pops?! So easy and really fun to make with kids (or just because..) - Recipes below:
Round Banana Lollipops
Ingredients: (make approximately 12 medium pops)
* 400g bag of Candy Melts
* 3 Bananas sliced or chopped (coated in a little lemon juice to stop browning)
* Sugar Sprinkles, Dried Coconut, Chocolate Sprinkles
* Wooden Skewers
* Straws for decoration (optional)
* Parchment paper + baking sheet
1) Melt the candy melts in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir between each interval to ensure it's all melted through.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon rounds of candy melts onto the tray, using the back of a spoon to help you.
3) Place a wooden skewer in the center of each round, ensuring the end of the sticks are fully covered with candy melt.
4) Sprinkle banana chunks or banana slices onto each round, and add colored sprinkles if desired. Let set in the fridge until hard.
5) Cover skewer with a plastic straw.
* These pops are a fun twist on the classic banana ice pops, and you can vary the chocolate colors and flavors to suit your taste!
* For healthier version, use chopped up pieces of dried fruit or nuts instead of sugar sprinkles.
Ingredients: Makes 12 pops
* 400g of dark cooking chocolate
* 4 Bananas cut in thirds
* Wooden Sticks (thick ones like ones used for cotton candy or
* Baking Sheet
* Parchment paper
1) Melt chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted.
2) Dip about half an inch of the sticks into the melted chocolate and then insert into a banana chunk.
3) Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
4) Repeat for all the 12 chunks, and place in freezer for a couple of minutes to harden. This step will stop the bananas falling off the sticks later.
5) Take banana pops out and dip each into melted chocolate until fully covered. Use a tablespoon to help you get it all covered. Sprinkle with sugar sprinkles if desired.
6) Return the pops to the freezer to firm up.
And a HUGE thanks to Yum Food Magazine for allowing my ideas to grace their pages! :)
|Did you like our post? :)
Then get exclusive eye candy, FREE printables, party ideas and discount codes
- FOR FREE!!!