Yes, because although some schools have started, and we're already thinking "Halloween"; we still have a few days of sunshine goodness to savor, and some glorious end of season produce.
And this summery recipe is very easy and quick to make, so perfect if you have last minute entertaining on the cards. But is also a tasty and healthy after school snack! ;)
Party Appetizer | Tuna and Scallion Pâté Recipe
Ingredients: Serves 4
* 160g can of tuna drained (keep a tablespoons of the oil or brine)
* 2 finely chopped, thin scallions (including green part)
* 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
* 60g of green olives finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt or Greek yogurt
* Juice of half a lemon
* Pinch of oregano
* Black peeper and salt to taste
* Capers, cherry tomatoes and grilled crostini to serve
Mix together in a bowl the tuna, garlic, olives, scallions with a fork until well combined. Add mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, oregano and the liquor from the tuna and mix well. Taste the mixture and season to your liking with salt and pepper.
Serve in a bowl or glass jar alongside grilled crostini, capers and cherry tomatoes for a delicious starter or appetizer.