Halloween Chilling Chili Recipe - Serves 6 - 8
* 5 cloves of garlic
* 4 chopped onions
* 2 green chilies (for a milder version take out the seeds)
* 500 g minced beef (with 15 or 20% fat) not ultra-lean mince.
* 140 g tomato puree
* 1 heaped tablespoon of ground sweet paprika
* 1 kg chopped good quality tinned plum tomatoes or fresh.
* 250 g pre-cooked red kidney beans
In a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine chopped onions, chopped garlic, chopped chilies and minced beef and let it sweat on a very low heat with a lid on for about an hour. Do not let the mixture fry, though. No need to add any oil as the mince beef release its own juices.
Add the paprika, tomato puree and then the tomatoes (tinned or fresh) in that order. Simmer this mixture on a very low heat for at least 2 hours.
Add the pre-cooked kidney beans half an hour before serving. Heat can be added after serving with more chopped chilies, chili sauce or dried chili flakes.
Serve inside a cauldron and spooky printable tag for a wicked touch! ;)
Did you like our post? :)
Then get exclusive eye candy, FREE printables, party ideas and discount codes
- FOR FREE!!!