Muscat and Tangerine Mulled Wine Recipe - Perfect for Thanksgiving !
I hate the cold, there I've said it. Yes, I do enjoy the end of year festivities and such like, but the cold? Not so keen. But as far I'm concerned, some of the season's upsides are the mandatory fluffy socks, woolly hats (that hide a multitude of hair sins...), fireside snuggling and of course, the good ol' hot toddy!! ;)
So over the years I've tried an array of flavors and, this sweet mulled wine is one of my faves! It's perfect for Thanksgiving too. I make it with Muscat wine and a dash of tangerine juice, which helps complement the citrus notes in the wine.
Sweet Muscat and Tangerine Mulled Wine
Ingredients - for about 20 servings
Recipe can be easily double, tripled...
* 750 ml of Muscat wine
* 1 cup of tangerine juice
* Cinnamon sticks - to taste (I used 3x 3 inch pieces)
* 6 whole cloves
* 1/2 cup water
* Peel from 2 tangerines - Use a vegetable peeler
* 2 sliced tangerines (keep skin on and slice with a serrated knife)
* 2 tbsp honey - adjust sweetness to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large pot, cover and simmer on low setting for about 2 hours. Serve with a twist of tangerine peel and a cinnamon stick.
* Rim glasses with brown sugar for added flair and sweetness.