Today I'm really honored to have my dear friend Elvi from the blog LoLoVie guest blogging here!!
This is way overdue in my opinion, as Elvi is sooooo beyond talented and crafty! Check out her super adorable Easter Chick Wreath - It's super easy too, so you still have time to make it for Easter.
Stuff you need:
* 1 foam wreath
* 1 paper plate
* 1 package of yellow feathers (mine were from Creatology) P.S. you may want 2 packages depending how feathery you want your bird to be :)
* 1 roll of yellow "papier crepe"
* a pair of googly eyes
* black construction paper
* ribbon (for the bow and to hang)
* 1 sheet of orange felt
* a glue gun
* straight pins
How t make your Easter Chick Wreath:
1. Gather materials
2. Wrap the crepe paper around the wreath until you can't see the original color. I went around twice to cover the green. Glue the paper in place as needed and at the end.
3. Take your feathers and hot glue them around the wreath. This is an easy an messy task. You will know the next day when your chair and sofa are covered in a yellow duckling (Though nothing that a good vacuum cleaner can't deal with.)
4. Take your plate and wrap some more crepe paper around and once again, glue on feathers.
5. Cut out your beak and feet from the orange felt. I didn't have a pattern just sort of eye-balled it.
6. Take the beak and the feet and also pin to the wreath/neck from the "inside" (look at the photo above for reference) so that the pins don't show.
7. Embellish the bird: Cut out two black rectangles from your construction paper, frill the end and curl ends with scissors. Glue eyelashes to googly eyes and eyes to the feathery plate, then cut your ribbon the length you want the wreath to hang and tie around the wreath. Take the "plate" head and pin to the top of the wreath with push pins. Don't worry if your pins show, you will cover it with a bow later. Make a big bow and pin to the neck.
Hang it wherever you like and take bets if it's an actual duck or a baby chicken :)
It's a chick Elvi. Trust me, I'm a bird expert! ;)
Check out LoLovie for more crafty ideas!!