Bird's Tutorials Father's Day
Last Minute Father's Day Gift Idea: DIY Photo Cube using CDs!Thursday, June 13, 2013C Riches
Remember this CD candle holder I posted here? Well, I thought the same idea would make for a super fun, mega quick craft. And hence the perfect last minute father's day gift!
But instead of a candle holder (not sure dads are into scented candles much...), I made a personalized photo cube that dad can use to store all his bits and bobs, or display proudly on his desk or bed-side table!
What's not to like? It's handmade with love, super quick to make, involves up-cycling unwanted items (so it's also inexpensive), and oozes bespoke charm?! ;)
DIY CD Photo Cube
* 5 CD cases
* Hot glue (strong, multi-purpose glue will do)
* Family photos
1) Open a Word or similar document, and insert family photos into a blank document. Trim each photo to fit inside your CD case, and make them black and white if you wish. Mine were 12cm x 12cm (approx. 5 inches). Print photos onto card or photo paper and cut.
2) Fit 4 of the CD cases with a photo. Add a square of white card to the fifth CD (this will be the bottom of the box, and no-one will see it)
3) Hot glue the first CD to the base, using something to prop it up until dry. It only takes a few minutes.
4) Carry on all 4 sides of the CD base until you get your cube. Be sure to glue only the back lids together so the CD can open - This will allow you to change the photos any time! ;)
|Did you like our post? :)
Then get exclusive eye candy, FREE printables, party ideas and discount codes
- FOR FREE!!!