Bird's Tutorials Christmas Parties
TUTORIAL: Ribbon Christmas TreesMonday, December 05, 2011C Riches
For those who missed our tutorial on Celebrations at Home last week, here's another chance for you to see it....In fact, it's soooo easy, that's quite cheeky to call it a tutorial! ;)
* Polystyrene cones
* Scraps of ribbon of different designs and colors
* Metal pins (or hot glue)
How to make it:
1. Gather your supplies, then cut lengths of ribbon from different colors – Keeping all lengths the same.
2. Fold each in half to form a loop.
3. Starting at the bottom of each cone, pin the ribbon in a row all the way around the cone , slightly overlapping each one.
4. Carry on with new row of ribbon on top of the preceding layer, hiding the pins from the layer below.5. Finish by pinning a pompom to the top. You could use hot glue instead of pins, but the great thing about pining is that you can start again if you go wrong, AND you could always re-use the cones next year to update your decor! (if you're stingy like me..)
Happy Crafting! :)