With the Jubilee weekend coming up on the 2, 3, 4 and 5th June, the UK will be coming together in celebration of the Diamond Anniversary of the Queen's Coronation 60 years ago!
So I came up with a little twist on a traditional shortbread recipe for the Rule Britannia Party Shoot, that will easily dress up any home-made (or store bought) shortbread cookies!
Vanilla Shortbread & Raspberry Mini Summer Tart Recipe
SHORTBREAD CROWNS(makes about 8, 2" round cookies)
* 3/4 cup flour, sifted
* 1/4 cup superfine sugar
* Pinch of salt
* 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Work in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the dough has the consistency of breadcrumbs.
3) Sprinkle a board or your counter top lightly with flour. Turn the dough onto the board and knead until it's smooth. Refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours or overnight.
4) You should have approximately 8 ounces of dough. Divide the dough into four equal portions for large cookies or eight equal portions for small cookies and shape into rounds.
5) Place each round on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten them with the bottom of a glass to about 1/4 inch thickness.
6) Prick with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cookies begin to brown slightly. 7) Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet. When cool, pipe a swirl of lemon curd (I used a large open star tip) on top and decorate with the fresh raspberries to make it look like a crown.
Finish the look with a handy buffet card (editable digitally) from Bird's Party UK printables! :)