These scrumptious Olympic Ring Cookies are the creation of none other than the cookie queen herself, Meaghan from The Decorated Cookie!
I have always been a HUGE fan of Meaghan's work, and was so incredibly delighted and honored when she accepted to be part of Bird's Party Magazine last issue and contribute two amazing recipes, one of which is today's Olympic Cookie Recipe!
* Cut-out cookie dough (recipe at thedecoratedcookie.com)
* royal icing (recipe at thedecoratedcookie.com)
* 2 circle cookie cutters, size 3-inch and 2-inch
* black, red, yellow, green and blue food coloring
* 5 disposable decorating bags
* 5 couplers
* 5 size “4” decorating tips
* black, red, yellow, green and blue sprinkles
2) Prepare icing according to the recipe, divide and tint your colors. Prepare a decorating bag with coupler and tip for each color, fill each with icing, and close the bags tightly with rubber bands. Have ready your five colors of icing and five colors of sprinkles.
3) Work with one cookie at a time. Pipe to outline the ring at the outside and inside circle, then pipe to fill the ring completely with icing.
4) Place the ring on a plate and generously sprinkle a coordinating color of sprinkles over the cookie. Move the ring to a baking tray and let the cookies dry overnight.
Just want to say a HUGE thanks to Meaghan for delighting out eyes and taste-buds with her incredible ideas and scrumptious recipes! Oh, and and look out for more amazing recipes from Meaghan in Birds' Party Magazine Fall Issue coming your way soon! ;)
Click here to get our Olympic Games inspired party printables for only $12!!!