As part of our Pink October blog series, our contributor Gillian from Crumbs of Comfort Cake Design is sharing her scrumptious recipe for Pink Gourmet Rocky Road, which she created for the beautiful Tea Party we showed you last week.
More on new blog contributor Gillian coming soon, but you can feast your eyes today on the kind of deliciousness she has in store for us! ;)
* 250g Marshmallows
* 100g dried cranberries
* 150g shelled pistachio nuts
* 50g shredded coconut
* 120g rose water turkish delight
* 400g white chocolate
• Melt chocolate in a bowl over pot of simmering water. Alternatively, you can melt it in the microwave by heating in 30 second bursts. Stirring after each burst.
• I simply snip all ingredients with scissors and place in a large bowl, then pour over melted chocolate and mix. Place in a lined Lamington tin and refrigerate for an hour. Slice with warm knife.
Obviously this is a small recipe so just increase it to your needs. My standard tray takes 5 times this recipe!
* The key is to experiment with flavours. Rocky Road can be nut free, gluten free, and dairy free. Check labels as many high cocoa bittersweet chocolates are naturally dairy free.
* Also the ingredient wheat glucose syrup, is in fact gluten free. This is because, although derived from wheat, the production process (i.e.- it is so highly processed) removes ALL traces of gluten.
If you can’t find an ingredient simply replace it with another! Example dried cranberries can be swapped for any other dried fruit.
Recipe and styling: Crumbs of Comfort Cake Design
Photography: Musie J Photography