Bird's Tutorials FREEBIES
DIY Trick or Treat Muslin Bags + FREE Halloween Printables!Friday, October 19, 2012C Riches
These FREE printable Trick or Treat tags can be printed on white cardstock and used just as they are to adorn Halloween party favors, candy jars, as cakes toppers and more!
But you know me, always looking for new ways to use printables, so how about using heat-transfer paper to customize your own muslin favor bags and BOO your neighbors and friends in style this Haloween?! :)
* 2 and half inch round paper puncher (from Amazon)
* Blank muslin or cotton bags - Mine were sent to me by my dear friend Gillian, but you can either make your own, or buy yours in US here, in France here, in Australia here, in Brazil here or in UK here
* Heat transfer paper for light-colored fabrics (from Amazon)
* Black Grosgrain Ribbon + fabric glue (optional)
* Iron + Piece of Grease-proof paper
How to make your own personalized Halloween Trick or Treat muslin bags:
1) Print the Trick or Treat Halloween party tags onto a sheet of heat transfer paper following manufacturer's instructions. You have to print he images as "mirror images" sot he design looks correct when you peel off the backing.
2) Trim each row of tags then punch out each tag using the paper punch.
3) If you want, at this stage you can either sew or glue (with fabric glue) a piece of black ribbon to the bottom of each muslin bag to add a cute detail.
4) Iron the tags onto the front of your muslin favor bags using the grease-proof paper in between the iron and the tag to protect the fabric
5) Fill with Halloween tricks or treats, and make a little monster's day! :)
Oh, and speaking of BOO, look out for our FREE "You've Been BOOed" Halloween Signs coming your way soon!
We are now accepting sponsors for Bird's Party Magazine Holiday 2012 Issue - Contact us to find out how you can get your business noticed by thousands of potential customers!