Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Truvia® but all photos and opinions are my own.
Pumpkin pies are traditional and synonymous with Fall.
But to keep things 'fresh' and a little more exciting, I always try to jazz up my traditional recipes with a little twist to bring'em bang up to date - like these dinky pumpkin pies!
They're super easy and quick to make (and eat!), look really cute and are therefore ideal for serving as a sweet appetizer or party food on Halloween, on Thanksgiving, or any other Fall celebration.
For a sugar-free version, I always turn to my sweetener of choice, Truvia® Natural Sweetener.
For those who don't know, Truvia® Natural Sweetener is a natural sugar alternative, born from stevia leaf. So it helps me to reduce calories and sugar in my diet, which I love!
To try it for yourself, head over to their site to grab a free sample here.
Party Food | Bite-Size Pumpkin Pies with Mascarpone Cream
Recipe makes 30-36 mini pies
* 1 roll of Puff pastry
* 425 g or 15 oz of pumpkin puree (from a can or homemade)
* 340 g or 1 can of evaporated milk
* 3 eggs
* 1/3 cup of Truvia® Natural Sweetener + 1 extra tablespoon for the cream
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 tsp pumpkin spice mix
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 250 g or 9 oz tub of Mascarpone cheese
1. Roll out your pastry to about 3 cm or 1/8 inch thick. Then cut 2 inch diameter round discs with a cookie cutter.
2. Place the pastry discs into a cupcake mold.
3. Mix pumpkin puree, evaporated milk and eggs until well blended. Add salt, 1 tsp of pumpkin spice (reserve 1 tsp for sprinkling on top) and Truvia® Natural Sweetener.
4. Pour the mixture into a measuring jug so it's easier to add to the pastry shells. Fill the shells right to the top.
5. Bake at 400 deg F or 200 deg C for 13-15 minutes until the center is firm.
6. Cool completely on a wire rack until ready to serve. Then mix Mascarpone with 1 tbs of Truvia® Natural Sweetener and beat until soft. Pipe a rosette on top of each pie and sprinkle with a little more pumpkin spice. Voila!