Christmas Parties Hot Cocoa Parties
Party Food | Brazilian Brigadeiro Truffles Recipe5:30 PMC Riches
Truffles are synonymous with Christmas for me. They are super yummy and the perfect Holiday party sweet treat or homemade gift to make, to give and to EAT!
Chocolate Brigadeiro is probably Brazil's most popular sweet treat (and my all time fav sweets!) and no self-respecting party over there (birthday, weddings, baby shower...) is EVER complete without these delicious bite-size morsels!
And I'm making a batch (or three...) for me.
Because I'm worth it ;)
So here's my go-to recipe for Brazilian Brigadeiro passed down from generations of chocoholics.
Party Food: Brazilian Chocolate Brigadeiro Truffles Recipe
Makes between 15-18 truffles
* 100 g of (3.5 oz) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - Grab yourself a coupon for these here (limited numbers, so hurry!)
* 413 g (14.5 oz) can of sweet condensed milk
* 1 tablespoon of butter + extra for rolling
* Sprinkles of choice: chopped nuts, vermicelli, desiccated coconut, cocoa powder
* Non stick pan
* Stiff spatula
* Grease-proof paper
1) Place condensed milk, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and butter into a non-stick pan over a medium heat until melted.
2) Continue stirring with your spatula, constantly cleaning up the sides of the bowl for about 15-20 minutes over a medium to low heat. This process takes a while, and you must keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
3) The truffle mixture will begin to bubble and get thicker, keep stirring until you reach the "rolling" stage - to know when the truffle is ready; tilt the pan carefully to one side. The truffle mixture should do a little forward roll on itself, leaving the bottom of the pan quite clean as you can see in the photo above.
4) Place mixture into a clean bowl immediately, and cover with plastic wrap. Leave to cool at room temperature of in the fridge until cool enough to handle (about 30 minutes).
5) When ready to roll your truffles, apply some butter to your hands and make little balls of about 2 cm (1 inch) in diameter, then toss them into the sprinkles of choice to coat. At this stage you could also dip each truffle into melted chocolate made with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
6) Place the coated brigadeiro into small baking cups, then package them beautifully to make someone's day! :)
Party Food | Brazilian Brigadeiro Truffles Recipe - Party CreditsStyling, recipe and photos: Bird
Chocolate Morsels: NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
Gift Packaging: BirdsParty.com
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Nestlé but all recipes and opinions are my own.
Did you like this recipe?