Valentines Day's over and we're wasting not time in prepping for St Patrick's Day 'round here!
And I'm feeling super lucky, 'cause I get to create AND taste test, yummy recipes like these Stout Chocolate Cupcake with Irish Cream Frosting!
This is a super easy and delicious recipe, and I'm sharing my cheat frosting technique too.
Lucky YOU! ;)
The stout makes the cupcakes super moist and sticky, and its flavor really comes through superbly in the baked cupcakes. So you kinda need the sugary Irish Cream flavor in the frosting to balance it out.
It really is a match made in Irish heaven!
You end up with a rich cupcake that's not too sickly sweet, which is a huge flavor bonus in my book.
Stout Chocolate Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting Recipe
Ingredients: for 12 frosted Cupcakes
* 1 box of chocolate cake mix
* 3 eggs
* 200 ml (6.7 fl oz) of Stout (I used Guinness)
* 250 g (8.8 oz) mascarpone cheese
* 150 g (5 oz) of sifted icing sugar or to taste
* 2 tablespoons of Irish Cream (I used Baileys - homemade recipe here)
* Gold chocolate or sugar sprinkles for decor
* baking sheet
* ice cream scoop
Directions: watch this quick video for the step-by-step
♥ Subscribe to Bird's Party on YouTube ♥