DIY Hair Accessory for Cinco de MayoWednesday, April 27, 2011C Riches
Following on from yesterday's Mexican Fiesta Party post, I thought I'd post a quick tutorial on the colorful senorita hair piece I created for the party shoot.
Cinco de Mayo is the obvious occasion, but they are also great for Halloween costumes or just because ;)
OR they are also a fun party craft activity to get your guests involved with - Just ensure an adult handles the needle and hot glue-gun of course.
DIY Hair Accessory for Cinco de MayoMaterials needed:
* 2” Wide Satin Ribbon - Length depends on how big you want the flower
* Scraps of ribbon
* Colorful feathers
* Hot glue
* Needle & Thread
2. Cast a running stitch along one edge Of the 2” ribbon
3. Secure stitch and pull gently but firmly to ruffle the ribbon
4. Hot glue scraps of ribbon and feathers to a round piece of felt about 3” in diameter - This is what I used but you can increase or decrease the size to get smaller or larger flowers
5. Twist and hot glue the 2” ruffled Ribbon onto the felt circle, starting from the center and working your way around and outwards to form a flower, gluing as you turn
6. Hot glue a pin or metal clip to the back of the felt piece as shown