When I was 10 I asked my mum for a Magical Princess Party, and dreamed of having one of those cakes where the princess is dressed with a huuuuge gown and her skirt is actually a cake? Anyone over 30 must know what I'm talking about...
Anyways, this princess party I designed last year, and styled by the mega talented Chris from Celebrations at Home, was totally inspired by my childhood experience - Though my mum could bake the exact cake I had in mind, she still did her best and made me feel like a princess on the day!! :)
Check out the stunning details below...
This was my first collaboration shoot EVER which I organised all via email, and my dear friend Chris Nease from Celebrations at Home was the mega star who created the look, managed and styled shoot!
Her vision of this magical princess party is what makes it so enchanting!! I like to call her "party fairy" now, and I'm glad our friendship has blossomed from this shoot! :)
Here are some of Chri's party styling tips to help you get the look:
* Design your own napkins with iron-on embelishments and cotton napkins (or simple fabric squares).
* Serve sandwich “wands” by cutting out shapes from peanut butter sandwiches and inserting a lollipop stick into the middle.
* Party atmosphere is easy to create with yards of ribbon hanging from trees or the ceiling.
* Hang an empty frame from a tree branch for an instant photo booth.
* Use a book shelf to serve snacks from. Line the back with fabric for the day using spray adhesive – follow directions on the can for “temporary use.”
* Get more bang for your buck by incorporating guest favors into the party itself. Here the designer cookies in cellophane, and dress up attire can all be taken home as parting gifts.
I LOVE every single detail: The styling of the tea party table, the fabulous decorated cookies, stunning tutus and flower headbands, the yummy cupcakes, magical wands and princess tiaras and off course the stunning photography from Julie Renee!! Hope you do too, and feel inspired to throw a Magical Princess Party! :)
Click here to get the complete Princess Fairytale Party printables!!
Styling: Chris Nease - Celebrations At Home
Photography: Julie Renee Photography
Princess Party Printables: Bird’s Party
Princess Motif Cookies: Lori’s Place
Tutus & Flower head bands: Cole Baby Tutu’s
Tiaras & flower wands: Fluffy Tuffies
Cupcakes: The Sweetest Thing Bakery