I ♥ cookies, but am no cookie-decorating doyenne, so when Mars asked to bake some Tasty Table Lights cookies using M&M'S® Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend, I jumped at the chance!
I mean, how cute to these look?! So yummy too! Not to mention easy to make, so even a child could do it! ;) These cookies would also be great for a cookie exchange party, and I can see them becoming a favorite tradition in our home for the Holidays! ;)
Christmas Lights Cookies with M&Ms RecipePrep Time: 10 Min.
Bake Time: 45 Min.
Yield: Makes 24 Cookies.
* 2/3 cup flour
* 1 18 oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
* 1½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
* 3 cups M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend
* 4 strands red licorice laces
* Resealable plastic bags
* Drinking straw
* Christmas light shaped cookie cutter (small) - I used a (clean) plastic Christmas ornament as I did not have a cookie cutter to hand - See photo below.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
3. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
4. With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
6. Separate different colors of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies, and set aside.
7. Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies on top of each cookie.
8. Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.
Tip for a quicker and lighter cookie version: Tint frosting to match the M&M'S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies. Frost the cookies and then decorate with color coordinated M&M'S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies.
Your favorite chocolate candies are bundled up for Winter in festive holiday colors. Available in Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Almond and Pretzel. Holidays are Better with M.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.