In-keeping with yesterday's cute as button theme, I'm sharing how to make these super adorable cotton reel place-holder cards. They'd make fun photo holders too, don't you think?
I used them for the Paris craft show (see on Instagram here) last week, but you could totally change the thread to suit your occasion. I'm thinking raffia instead of the wool for Thanksgiving, or twine for a crafty party, or even lace or ribbon for a sewing themed bash or bridal shower!
DIY Cotton Reel Place-Card Holders
* Cotton/Thread reels (use real reels or you can find bare, wooden ones at most craft supply stores)
* Hot glue gun
* Wire cutters
* Place-card holder wire from craft stores (or fashion your own from thick wire)
1) Cut the wire to desired length to fit inside the reel.
2) Apply hot glue tot he wire and insert into reel. Hold upright for few seconds until dry.
3) Wrap wool or thread of choice around each reel. Tuck the lose end under a wrapped thread to keep it secure (just like a real cotton reel!)
Cristina Riches aka Bird, is the founder of BirdsParty.com. She's also a creative mom of two, published author, graphic designer, magazine editor and unconditional party lover. Her party ideas have been featured on numerous publications such as Forbes.com, CNN Entertainment, Parenting Magazine and MarthaStewart.com; and she's a regular party contributor to PBS Parents, Yum Food for Kids Magazine, Créative Magazine and HGTV.