Circus Birthday Party Ideas | DIY Carousel Candy Centerpiece
Monday, April 21, 2014C Riches
As part of our #SocialCircus month, I decided to make a fun DIY Carousel Centerpiece - But one made with party supplies and candy (is there a better kind?!) that anyone may have in the house at the time of the birthday party.
This cute carousel centerpiece would be fun as a birthday desserts table candy dish, kids table decoration or even a fun party activity (minus the hot glue!). It's easy to make, quick and inexpensive too!
Circus Birthday Party Ideas : DIY Circus Carousel Party Centerpiece
1) Stick the paper straws to the wider paper plate using glue dots or hot glue.
2) Stick the candy tube to the center of the plate. Fill tube with gumballs and close the tube.
3) Trim straws to the same height of the candy tube.
4) Hot glue the smaller diameter plate on top of straws. You may also hot glue it tot he candy tube, but if you want to open it easily, then no need.
5) Draw a circle onto a piece of colored cardstock about 6 inch (20cm) in diameter, or a size no bigger than the diameter of your smaller plate. Cut the circle and mark its center. Make a slit from edge to center.
6) Using double-sided tape, turn the circle into a cone/ dome shape to form the top of the carousel.
7) Punch out circles in the contrasting colored card-stock and fold them in half. Add tape to each half.
8) Glue the halves under the cone shape you made in step 6. This forms the edges of the domed top. Glue the dome to top plate (from step 4).
To finish off just glue the printable animal or circus shapes cut-outs
Cristina Riches aka Bird, is the founder of BirdsParty.com. She's also a creative mom of two, published author, graphic designer, magazine editor and unconditional party lover. Her party ideas have been featured on numerous publications such as Forbes.com, CNN Entertainment, Parenting Magazine and MarthaStewart.com; and she's a regular party contributor to PBS Parents, Yum Food for Kids Magazine, Créative Magazine and HGTV.