Have you noticed how almost anything tastes better on a stick?!
Not sure if it's the novelty of seeing our yummy recipes in bite-form; or actually a scientific reason behind it. Whatever it is, pie pops are my new Fall favorites!
They are perfectly practical for serving at parties. And can we just taking a minute to appreciate how cute they look? :)
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Truvia® Natural Sweetener for the #TruFanCommunity SocialStars campaign but all opinions and recipes are my own.
Not only they were super easy to make and taste SUPER YUM (like any pie should...), but they were a huge hit with the whole family, who devoured the lot in record time!
And to make it a sugar-free version, I used my go-to Truvia® Natural Sweetener. If you haven't tried it yet, Truvia® Natural Sweetener is perfect for people looking to reduce calories, including people with diabetes and those looking to reduce sugar in their diets.
You can grab your free sample here to try in your own recipe!
I'd start with the yummy pie pops below ;)
Apple & Cinnamon Pie Pops Recipe
For 6-8 pops
* 4 medium sized apples, peeled cored and cut into small chunks (mix and match varieties if you wish)
* 4 teaspoons of Truvia® Natural Sweetener
* 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
* 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry (recipe here)
* 1 beaten egg
1) Prepare your pastry according to this recipe. Chill pastry until ready to use.
2) Place apple chunks into a sauce pan and stew over very low heat until soft.
3) Blend the apple or use fork to mash it into a coarse puree. Add the cinnamon and the Truvia® Natural Sweetener. Let it cool completely before using.
4) Roll out your pastry to a disk of about 2 cm thick. Cut out 2 rounds for each pop. Place the first round onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5) Place a lollipop stick in the center and press gently to stick it into place. Add a teaspoon of the apple sauce on the top of each stick. Don't overfill!
6) Place pastry circle on top and crimp with a fork to seal. Brush with egg wash and make 2 slits in each pop for the steam.
7) Bake at 180 deg C for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool onto a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
So did you like this recipe? Would you try pie pops?