Adult Party Ideas and Themes Bridal Showers and Wedding Inspiration
Pink Champagne Jello Recipe8:31 AMC Riches
As part of my Valentine's Dinner party menu that I shared in my previous post (here); I'm serving pink champagne jello with red berries and cream.
Something about jello that evokes 'fun', don't you think? Maybe it's because it's a dessert we associate with kids, and therefore takes us back to our childhood days.
But for a grown-up update on this favorite classic, I added pink champagne and red berries. Which makes a super tasty, not to mention pretty in pink dessert for Valentine's Day! :)
And anything pink gets my vote! ♥
This recipe happens to be low fat and is super easy to make. You can also make it a couple of days in advance of your dinner party. It's not your sickly sweet jello, and you really can taste the champagne in it! Woo-Hoo! :)
Pink Champagne and Red Berries Jello Recipe
Ingredients - serves 6 (click here for printable recipe)
* 300 g (10 fl oz) of water
* 55 g (2 oz) of caster sugar
* 500 ml (16 fl oz) pink champagne (you could use sparkling wine too)
* 4 gelatin leaves
* 150 g (5 oz) red berries - I used frozen and it worked great.
* Whipped cream and sprinkles for decoration
1) Place champagne into a large bowl and add the gelatin leaves to soak for about 10 minutes, or until they are soft.
2) Meanwhile, place water and sugar into a pan over a medium heat, and stir until sugar is dissolved. bring to a boil. take off the heat and proceed to next step.
3) Take out the gelatin leaves from the champagne and squeeze them between your hands to get rid of excess water, then place them in the hot water and sugar syrup. Whisk until the gelatin has dissolved.
4) Pour this syrup back into the champagne bowl and whisk to combine.
5) Allow to cool thoroughly, then refrigerate the jello bowl for about 1 hour.
6) When the jello begin to thicken, then place a few berries into your serving glasses, and top with the jello mixture. Cover each glass with cling wrap and refrigerate for 6-8 hours (overnight is best) until completely set.
7) Just before serving, add a dollop of whipped cream and heart sprinkles on top.