I think it's because 'pineapples' is such a fab summer theme for so many celebrations (birthdays, pool party, summer luau, tropical shindig...), and now with the Olympic games being hosted in Brazil, I can't help but feel inspired by all things "pineapply"!
So if you too are ready to jump on this tropical bandwagon and 'party like a pineapple', then this easy and fun to make DIY has your name on it ;)
DIY Pineapple Honeycomb Party Decorations
* pineapple templates - download it here
* hot glue gun
1) Print and cut your templates. Place the pineapple template onto the yellow honeycomb ball as shown (open seam to the left on the photo).
2) Trace and cute the shape to get the oval pineapple base shape. Cut off the hanging string as you won't need it any longer.
3) Open the oval shape and glue in place with hot glue.
4) Trace the pineapple stalks template onto the green honeycomb (open seam to the right on the photo).
5) Cut the shape and open the green stalk. Glue open with hot glue, making sure you keep the string towards the top and out, so you can hang the piece later.
6) Hot glue the green stalk to the top of the yellow oval base. Apply a generous amount of hot glue - about 1 inch round blob (yes, that's the correct terminology), and press firmly holding in place for a few seconds until dry.
CRAFTY TIPS: The template is quite handy 'cause it allows you to re-create identical shapes if you're making more than one pineapple decor. You can also cut smaller or narrower ovals, or increase the print size for larger honeycombs to create different pineapple decor shapes and sizes.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and have a go. Honestly, it's really quick and fun to make! :)