For my Mexican Fiesta this year (photos and recipes coming next week, so be sure to subscribe here not to miss a thing!), I decided to make some flower crowns to adorn our party outfits!
Flower crowns are such a fun party activity craft to make with your girlfriends for any event! Think bridal showers, spring celebrations, weddings, or come to think of it; a darling Mother's day craft too!
So we're bang on trend, right?! 😋 Check out the easy DIY steps below.
These flower crowns can be made a head of your party of course, but they're so simple and quick to make, that you can also set up a craft station at the party and get your guests to have fun and create their own bespoke flower crowns! They double as party favors and gorgeous photo booth props as you can see 😉
I don't get in front of the camera often (I'd rather be the photographer haha), but these flowers crowns were so pretty, I couldn't resists plopping one on to try!
And of course, flower crowns look fab for kids too, so this is a great mother's day craft!
These flowers crowns can be made in any color to suit your party, but I've gone with colorful blooms for my Mexican Fiesta. But you could totally use baby's breath for instance, for a wedding or other more delicate flowers. The technique is exactly the same.
Feel free to add some fresh blooms the day of the party too if you wish!
DIY Pretty & Easy Flower Crowns
* silk flowers blooms/flower heads of various sizes
* green floral wire
* green floral tape
* hot glue
1) Measure around your head, how much floral wire you'll need for each person to make a circle. You can tie two pieces of wire together to make it longer. Twists the ends together carefully and add a little floral tape to hide any sharp edges. begin adding larger blooms with floral tape around your wire crown.
2) Use hot glue if necessary to secure some of the larger blooms/flower heads without stems. Press the flowers in place for a few seconds for the glue to dry, sticking the flowers to each other to overlap and create a full flower crown.
3) Keep adding blooms this way until you have a full crown.
4) Add smaller flowers in the gaps to hide the wire.
5) Keep adding smaller blooms to make sure your flowers crown as full as you wish with no apparent gaps in between the flower heads.
6) All that's left to do is wear it!
* Styling, pinata and photos: Bird's Party
* Papel picado and wrap: Mesa Chic
This post DIY Pretty & Easy Flower Crowns appeared first on Bird's Party Blog