Inspiration Boards Just out of Pinterest
Monochromatic Black & White Summer Party Ideas6:00 AMC Riches
According to Marie Claire Magazine, "Monochrome - it's this season's it word." - And often, fashion spills into the every day life. Including our party tables!
So it seemed like the perfect palette to tackle for our second post in the Paint My Party blog series.
Monochromatic Black & White Summer Party IdeasI usually associate black and white with end of year parties like New Year and Halloween. And personally, I think it can look quite ostentatious and too stiff. So at first, I was skeptical and didn't really think it was gonna work for summer.
It was quite a challenge trying to find light, airy, breeze and chilled-out "black and white". But then I saw this image from Pottery Barn, and it all changed...As It turns out, monochrome can look totally cool and chillaxed. Who knew?! :)
GET THE LOOK:
* You can't get more chilled out than disposable tableware, and dear Martha does it so beautifully!
* This cake oozes simplicity and charm as a statement piece, while also being light enough for summer. De-lish!
* Jumpsuits and capeline hats are among this season't hottest fashion trends, and look effortlessly cool in black and white. Source unknown, but loving this one.
* This tabletop by the seaside epitomizes relaxed summer entertaining. See? Black and white can look chilled out...
* I'm feeling the nautical vibe with these black and white napkins, aren't you? Source unknown. Get similar ones here.
* Fruit is always a refreshing way to start or end a meal - This monochromatic salad would be a great starter or as accompaniment to a cheese board.
* Now, I'm in love with these paper lanterns!! They look so pretty and delicate, and perfect for any summer soiree. Source unknown, but you get get similar ones here.
* Wild flowers and honey. Yes, please! Especially when it come in the scented soap format, beautifully wrapped with black and white floral paper. The perfect party favor ♥
* No monochromatic tabletop should be without anemones. I love how easy and simple this arrangement is, with single stems in black and white vases. perfection!
Hope you like these summer monochrome ideas, and feel inspired to paint your party black and white too! ;)