If you have a little princess, ballerina or pixie at home, then tutus are bound to be an integral part of her wardrobe. For parties, play dates, birthdays, Halloween...or just because!
So here's my super easy and quick DIY to making your own tutu. From scratch.
But not to worry! Not a sewing needle or machine in sight ;)
This DIY No-Sew Tutu Skirt is heaven-sent for a princess birthday, fairy party favors or even school plays.
No prior skills or patience necessary either!
The technique is the same, just change the color of your tulle to suit your party, holiday or event!
DIY No-Sew Tutu Skirt Tutorial
* Wide elastic
* A princess or fairy
1) Measure the waist of your fairy or princess by wrapping the elastic around. Cut to fit.
2) Cut strips of tulle of about a foot wide. The length will depend on how long you want your tutu to be. Each strip will be halved in the process, to double the length accordingly to suit your desired tutu length.
Tie one end of the elastic to a chair, door knob or somewhere sturdy so you can work with the other end.
3) Start by loosely folding the tulle strips to along the width to obtain several layers. Then begin looping each tulle strip around the cut elastic.
4) Pass the ends of the strip through to make a loop knot or tie shape as shown.
5) Tighten the loop knot/tie.
6) Continue adding more tulle strips until the entire length of the elastic is covered. The more strips you add, the fuller the tulle skit will be.
7) When you're done, tie a knot to secure in place, and it's ready to wear!
Easy or what?!