Mother's Day Valentine's Day
Mother's Day Brunch: Easy muffin recipe that kids can make for mom!9:45 AMC Riches
These savory Olive, Feta and Pesto muffins are delicious, so easy and quick to make, and kids will love getting involved - Dads, are you reading? Honestly, you can make the batter in 10 minutes! Plus, it's also low in fat - perfect for moms watching their figure! ;)
Feta, Olive and Pesto Muffins Recipe
* 300 g of 0% fat fromage frais (if you can't find it, natural thick yogurt works too)
* 11 g baking powder
* 200 g flour
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 50 g chopped olives - black or green, but green have less calories ;)
* 50 g cubed feta cheese
* 3 tablespoons of red pesto from a jar
* 3 eggs lightly beaten
* Pinch of salt
* 1 tea spoon of dried oregano
* Pinch of cracked black pepper
1) Preheat over to 200 deg Celsius. Line a muffin or cupcake tin with paper cases.
2) Mix together: Eggs, oil, fromage frais, olives, feta and pesto.
3) Sift flour and baking powder into mixture, along with salt, pepper and oregano. Mix until well combined.
4) Scoop mixture into the baking cases (I use an ice cream scooper) and fill to 3/4 of the height of the paper cases. Bake for 20 minutes until golden, and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into center of muffins - Needless to say, kids need to be supervised with baking part!
You can vary the flavors too, and substitute feta, olive and pesto with your moms' favorite flavors: Sun-dried tomatoes, cheddar, spicy chorizo, grated carrot, smoky bacon cubes, ham, peas, roasted bell peppers etc. - YUM!!!
Did you like this recipe? Please feel free to put a PIN on it! :)
WIN a Cricut Expression 2 + YOUR choice of a Canon Rebel T3 OR a Kitchen Aid Artisan 5 Quart Mixer - For YOU & MOM too!!