Quick & Easy Mexican Tortilla Pizzas6:00 AMC Riches
But we're also in winter and comfort food is a necessity...and I don't see nothing wrong with treating yourself to a slice (or two) of pizza on the weekend 😉
Especially if you make a few healthier twists along the way to make sure you can enjoy this popular snack, guilt-free!
Who doesn't love pizzas? Or Mexican food?!
Friday night is usually either one of those treats in our house, and this recipe combines the best of both worlds, in a revamped healthier pizza format!
This recipe's so quick and easy to make, the perfect last-minute snack! Not to mention it's also ideal for feeding a crowd (the guests get to make their own pizzas, ha!) and a tasty appetizer for all those game-watching days and football parties you're probably gonna have this month! 👌
For the pizza flavors you can use all the usual Mexican suspects like chili con carne, or shredded chicken for a fajita version. And by using tortilla wraps as the pizza bases, you cut down on a ton of extra calories!
I serve the pizzas with all the trimming like pico de gallo salsa, fresh corn, limes...which all count towards your five-a-day veggie portions, right?!
Quick & Easy Mexican Tortilla Pizzas
* 500 g (1 lb) minced beef, 20% fat
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 large onion finely chopped
* 1/2 small green pepper finely chopped
* 1 tbsp smoked paprika
* 1 tsp chili powder or to taste
* 1 tsp cumin powder
* 250 g (9 oz) can of drained kidney beans
* 1 cup RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
* 2 tbsp chopped coriander
* salt and pepper to taste
* tortilla wraps
* fresh salsa (recipe below)
* frated cheese
* fliced chilies
* fow-fat creme fraiche or sour cream
* chopped coriander
* chili sauce
* sliced jalapenos
* sweet corn, chopped avocados, chopped mangoes etc
1) Make the chili con carne: Add beef, onion, green pepper and garlic to a large wok or pan. Fry on medium heat, stirring, until meat turns brown (it takes about 5 minutes).
2) Add spices, 1 cup of RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce and fry for another 5 minutes on high.
3) Add kidney bean, coriander, season to taste and stir. Simmer gently for another 5 minutes until meat is tender.
Assembling the pizzas:
1) Place 2 tbsp of RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce onto each tortilla wrap
2) Top with chili con carne, cheese and grill until cheese is melted.
Serve with toppings on the side, or let guests have fun creating their own pizza toppings!
Fresh Mexican Pico de Gallo Salsa Recipe
* 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
* 1 small onion finely chopped
* 1 tomato, without seeds and finely chopped
* 1 small red pepper finely chopped
* 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* juice of one lime
* 1 tbsp chopped coriander
* salt and pepper to taste
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Ragu, but opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep us bringing you fresh content!
This post Quick & Easy Mexican Tortilla Pizzas appeared first on Bird's Party Blog