Adult Party Ideas and Themes Bar & Drinks Stations
A DIY Mojito Bar with Recipe & Free Printables10:47 AMC Riches
Something about a bar that make me all excited for a party! Be it a confetti bar, a waffles bar, or a cocktail bar. I think it's because 'bars' by definition are a fun place to hang out!
And also because they're SO easy to set up! Guests serve themselves and all you do as the hostess is watch everyone interacting and join in the fun! And that, my friends; is the great start for any party! ;)
So, while making and serving Mojito cocktails at a Cinco de Mayo fiesta is great; creating a Mojito Bar so guests DIY their own; is SO much better! ;)
For my Mojito bar I chose the colors yellow, green and orange. I served homemade limeade for the kids too, and displayed a printable sign at the bar so guests knew what to do.
Here's what you'll need to set up your own Mojito Bar at Home (or anywhere).
DIY Mojito Bar
* sturdy table or bar cart
* pestle and mortar or cocktail muddler
* high ball glasses - these masons jars are great!
* juice dispenser or jugs
* shot measuring cup or 3/4 ounces jiggers
* bowls for the fruit and sugar
* party spoons for fruit and sugar
Fruity Mojito Recipe
* light rhum
* mint leaves
* fruit cut into cubes: limes, lemons, tangerine, grapefruit, red berries...
* soda water or club soda (NOT tonic water)
* freshly squeezed fruit juices: limes, lemons, tangerine, grapefruit, red berries...
1) Make your fruit juices and chill until ready to use.
2) When ready to make cocktail, place fruit of choice into glasses, add a teaspoon of sugar a few mint leaves.
3) Crush with muddler inside the glass, add 1 shot or 3/4 ounces of white rhum, fill to half with fruit juice of choice, then top with club soda. Add ice and serve at once!