Flamingos are my latest obsession. I think it's mainly due the fact that it's the perfect summer party theme. And that they're pink, of course! Not sure they'd be such a hit if they were a different color ;)
So for our flamingo pool party last weekend, we (my 8 year old daughter and I) made some DIY flamingo table decorations and headbands that double duty as photo booth props!
DIY Flamingo Birthday Party DecorationsMaterials:
* printable flamingo templates
* double-sided tape or glue stick
* half circle polystyrene shapes (from most craft stores or Amazon)
* pink acrylic paint
* pink feathers
* hot glue gun
1) Print and cut your flamingo party printable templates according to instructions on the printable kit. Glue the templates to the top of each half circle polystyrene shape.
2) Paint the polystyrene semi-circles with the pink acrylic paint and paintbrush. Let it dry for 30 minutes or so.
3) Repeat the pint process to get full coverage on the semi-circles.
4) Hot glue feathers tot he pink semi-circles, superimposing them to cover most of the base, pressing each feather firmly for a few seconds to secure in place.
Your cute flamingo party decorations can be used as they are as table decor, like in the photos below.
5) Hot glue the flamingo decorations to headbands to make cute party favors and photo booth props.
6) Insert and glue wooden skewers to the polystyrene base, and use the cute flamingos as lawn decorations.
This post appeared first on Bird's Party Blog