As promised in my Easter brunch post, today I'll be sharing the how-to for that gorgeous, but oh-so-simple, DIY floral table runner!
This year I wanted something very colorful and very floral for my Easter brunch table, but that was also easy to make (possibly made in advance) and that packed the wow factor!
I think this floral table runner ticks all the boxes, non?! 😊
This floral table runner is perfect for Easter or Spring parties, but also great for baby showers, adult birthdays, bridal showers or wedding. So learning to making one is totally a skill you should have under your party-planning hat! 😉
I used mainly silk faux flowers that I had at home. These days you can really pick up some great floral pieces in most stores or even online. A real great tip from party planners is to mix faux with real foliage or even real blooms. It helps bulk out the arrangement without breaking the bank.
Plus, silk flowers need no maintenance at all, which makes it perfect for last minute parties, but equally suited to a make-ahead arrangement!
But, if you prefer using fresh flowers, simply create the runner using containers filled with floral foam soaked in water. To create the floral runner, you simply stick the blooms into the foam. Easy!
For this version however, I used green floral tape and floral wire at time to secure the branches of the blooms together.
You can make this floral table runner as long or as short as you need to to cover or even cascade down the center of your table.
For the Holiday, I love using the same technique with eucalyptus branches from my garden - Simple, easy and super pretty! Maybe I'll do a post on it later in the year, but for now, check out the DIY for this silk flower table runner below.
DIY Floral Table Runner
* Silk flower in various sizes
* Floral tape
* Floral wiore
* Wire cutter
1) What I like to do first is group them and lay them down on the table with any attachments, to test and see how I like the display to look. Once I'm happy with the arrangement, I can then proceed to securing the blooms together with tape or wire.
2) Start placing your larger branches together, end to end. Use tape to fix the together. If using foliage, ad them at this stage.
3) Trim stalks and stems to fit the arrangement with pliers or wire cutters.
4) Keep adding your other blooms starting from largest stems to the smallest, trying to fill the gaps more or less symmetrically on the left and right hand sides of the arrangement.
5) Fill with smaller blooms using wire to secure them in place.
6) Fill any gaps in the arrangement with smaller blooms or flower heads, until you have a full display.
See? I told you it was easy! Will you be inspired to have a go? 😊
This post DIY Floral Table Runner appeared first on Bird's Party Blog